Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Scaring Mom

A little-known talent of mine is startling people. I don't know why, but I crave the sweet adrenaline rush of popping out from around a corner as someone walks by and scaring the heck out of them. It's not uncommon to find me hiding in a pantry or closet for 10+ minutes waiting for a family member to get close enough to fall prey to my scaring skills. I'd make a fabulous ghost.

I think I'm starting to understand why my sister Grace teases me about being a sociopath.

I love scaring my sisters (Grace startles particularly easily), but by far my FAVORITE person to scare is my mom. It doesn't take much to startle her. All you have to do is walk into the room while she's really focused on something and start talking to her, and she jumps about 10 feet into the air. My sisters and I have taken to announcing our presence before entering the laundry room so she knows we're coming.

After my mission, I had a lot of time on my hands in Alaska. So I decided to make this vine:

(click the upper left corner for sound)



Sometimes I just let this loop over and over as tears of laughter stream down my face. I think the best part is her arms flapping around. Who does she think is sneaking up on her, a very delicate bee? Lol.

It's the simple things in life, you know?

1 comment: