Monday, August 20, 2012

Farr Family Fun

Last week, my mom's side of the family congregated in Alaska for a bit of a reunion. It was super fun having most of the family here! Even though I had to work during a lot of the days, I still got to hang out with everyone in the evenings. My grandpa gave me the assignment of being the official photographer for the week, and he gave me an A- for a grade! I was praying for a C, so I was excited about that.



We had a great time playing in the backyard, having Old Trusty competitions (the one-legged, kneeing fights), celebrating August birthdays, hiking, taking portraits (maybe not so much fun for some), and of course, running our traditional Race of the Midnight Sun.

One of the highlights was on Thursday evening. To start the night off, we had a piano duet by my aunt Jenny and my cousin Carson (they did great!). Then my cousin Kyle gave us an awesome report on his mission to Salt Lake - there was hardly a dry eye in the Farr family. Then it was time for my sister Grace to open her mission call.


WHAT?!?!? We were so excited for her! The video's a little small and fuzzy, but you can definitely hear how excited we were. I know Grace would've rocked anywhere she was sent, but the fact that she got called to Argentina (the same country my dad went on his mission to) was perfect. My dad talks about Argentina ALL THE TIME and is always asking if he can take us there on our next family trip. And since she's not leaving until January, we get to spend Christmas with her! We're all so excited and proud of her!

Now that our relatives are gone, it's been a little gloomy. It's always sad to see them go, after we've had so much fun. But I guess it's time for us all to get ready for school and fall and funventures!

3 comments:

  1. Love the video of Grace opening her call! And I love your new blog design, Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like tons of fun!

    I nominated your blog for a Liebster award, Anne. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but one of the rules was to nominate other bloggers--and I had to nominate you, of course.

    Here's the link: http://www.clickclackclunk.com/2012/08/liebster-nomination.html.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super job, Anne! You deserve an A+++ for your camera work. Love the video...a real treasure. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete