Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Non parlo Italiano

Well, I made it! I'm in Rome. And I must say, it is looking as beautiful as ever.
The journey here was long. I left Alaska the morning of Sunday the 26th, which meant waking up at 4 and saying goodbye to my parents on my birthday. I was a lot sadder saying my goodbyes this year than last year. Probably because last year I still had my girl friends and, like, half my family. And America. And texting. And the peace of mind that everywhere I go there will be fully functional bathrooms. But it was also exciting to know that I was embarking on and adventure greater than I've ever experienced!
At the end of my first day here, I think it's safe to say I've already gained 50 pounds. For lunch we went to this delicious pizzeria near our hotel, where I pointed at and received this bad boy:



Notice that the water is sparkling. I totally forgot to watch out for that. But I drank it anyway, because, no joke, it is 10 THOUSAND degrees here. And we walked over all creation. But anyway, while I was eating my pizza, I felt something touching my foot. When I looked down, I saw it was a pigeon! I took it as a good sign.


Maybe I should've straightened this a bit. But I'm tired.







This is kind of what happened to me.
I also saw three dachshunds, which I again took as a good sign.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - that's a pretty great first day! Keep blogging so we can live vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Il piccione e atterrato! e bene!

    Ti amo...

    nonna e il nonno

    ReplyDelete
  3. Italy? Dang! Sounds like a blast. I look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete