Monday, June 29, 2015

One Direction: The Megapost

Ready to hear my feelings about One Direction? Because I've got a lot of 'em. I think this might be my best post ever! *sing to the tune of Best Song Ever*

Be prepared for a lot of gifs, a lot of adorable, and a lot of me being really pathetic.

So, some of you may have noticed my seemingly sudden obsession with the group One Direction. I feel I should explain a bit of my history with these lads.

Ah, the early years

From the moment I heard their first single, "What Makes You Beautiful," back in my freshman year of college, I knew I would love One Direction. What I didn't know is that they'd stick around so long! I continued on the next few years as a normal human being who appreciated the adorable UK boy band - reading the occasional 1D update, watching their music videos here and there, googling when and where their concerts will be in hopes I could attend one, and getting a little offended on their behalf when ignorant, jealous guys my age insulted them.

Then I went on my mission. I think I was supposed to get more mature. The problem was that Harry, Zayn, Liam, Louis, and Niall also became more mature.

How could we not be obsessed?

Soon after I returned from listening solely to MoTab for a year and a half, the latest One Direction album, Four, was released. 1D had a lot of real top notch songs before. But for Pete's sake, Four just blew me away! It was the antidote to my weird post-mission limbo of undefined music taste - I needed Four.

My love of One Direction only increased from there.

Steal My Girl? Come on.


THE MUSIC VIDEO FOR NIGHT CHANGES RUINED ME


Let's play a game: Pick your favorite boy! Now pick your ideal date! Now pick your favorite boy in combination with his featured date! IT'S TOO MUCH.

It's just really convenient that there's a boy band filled with VERY cute boys my age who happen to have adorable british/irish accents and hilarious senses of humor (or should I say "humour"). How could I pass up such a perfect opportunity? Each boy has something to love:

Let's start with Harry Styles.

I, personally, think he was cuter when he was younger. Is that creepy? But he's obviously still cute now. Just very tatted up.

"I'm gonna win ya!" Yeah, you are.

What a charmer. Plus, his voice makes me want to swim to the UK and ask him to marry me.

We obsess over him not only for his looks, but for his personality. With his sly sense of humor and vast collection of expressive faces, we can't help but love him.

[HEART EYES EMOJI]
Awkward...
Wut.
Dat face, tho...
We also love how he says "rubbish" all the time.


And apparently he's caught on to the fact that we love it when he touches his face?



Give the people what they want.
And what we really can't resist? That clever, winning, classic Harry smile.

Yes. Just yes.
"Harry" rhymes with "marry," just throwin' that out there...

Now on to Niall Horan:

What's not to love about Niall? Can't think of anything, can you? He's perfect!

That infectious laugh...

Oh, Anne, you're such a funny lass

 That Irish accent...



The rosy cheeks, maybe?

Just daydreaming of Anne

You know I like my boys with blonde hair and blue eyes (shout-out to my actual boyfriend - who I like more than Niall, just to be clear heh heh)...

Oh! Anne, you are so gorgeous.

Lack of tattoos anyone?

His body is a temple. Too far? Can't tell anymore.

Not to mention how he keeps us entertained with his constant antics.

Just skiing off to meet Anne!

WARNING: If you look him up, it can be very easy to get sucked into a Niall-vortex and you won't be able to stop looking at pictures and watching videos of him for days. (But if you do look him up, might I recommend starting with a "Niall laughing gifs" google search?)

Oh, how I love my Nialler. Can you tell that he's my favorite member of 1D?

Okay, okay, I could go on for days talking about Niall, so I'll move on to...

Liam Payne:

He was born just three days after me. Coincidence? I think not! Totes followed me to earth.

You're all welcome.

Don't try to choose which member of One Direction is the cutest. You'll just hurt yourself. But if you had to choose, Liam would be a serious contender.

Need more evidence?

Obviously the most built member of 1D.
So brooding.
Hey, here he is with a puppy, in case you felt like ugly crying right now:

BRB, DEAD.
*BONUS: Let's just enjoy more puppy pictures...




I can't even.

Anyway, back to Liam!

Sometimes I feel like people forget about Liam because his personality isn't as crazy as some of the other boys. But I like Liam because he seems the most normal!

Plus his X-factor audition was, like, way better than the others. His voice is killer.

Liam's the one I know I really should like the best.

Louis Tomlinson:

I tend to like Louis's outfits the best.


And his moves are always on point.


He's so into it! Some of the other boys are struggling (I see you, Niall and Zayn, bless your beautiful, beautiful hearts). *Side note: I think One Way or Another is one of my favorite videos*

Look up "sassy Louis gifs." You won't be disappointed.


Okay, so there you have my (extremely abridged) opinions on the current members of One Direction. Are you ready to talk Zayn? Things are about to get real, just fair warning.

Zayn Malik controversy:

I'll admit it, Zayn broke my heart a little when he left the band. My friends in my Russian class can attest to the fact that my eyes teared up when I found out, although I insist it was due mostly to shock and not completely to sadness.

Based solely on looks, Zayn used to be my favorite. But all that changed. *cue Night Changes*

Can't blame me for being sad he left, right?

I've always said, be careful when it comes to boys with dark eyelashes. They're always going to hurt you in the end. Okay, I never said that until Zayn left 1D, but now I know it's true!

Here's how I feel about it: If he didn't want to be there and he was going to flake out on the group all the time, it's better that he left. Watching videos of him, you can tell the twinkle in his eye was dimming toward his last year in the group.

So, yeah, he ruined a lot of our lives. But we're just happy he's happy now.

One more Zayn pic, shall we?

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Let's not talk about this anymore, it makes me sad. Let's just say, I'm veryveryvery glad One Direction is still going strong without dear Zayn.

Just being four of the cutest lads around

Throughout the semester when I needed a homework break or something to keep me going while preparing for cleaning checks, they were always there for me.


*the Kiss You video - another fave*

And now that school's out and I have too much free time, things have really gotten out of hand!







It's clear to see that I've lost it. You might say I've got no control. No controooool. Heh heh heh.

Still don't consider yourself a directioner?

That's what we think of you.
How about...






Now? Let yourself fall in love with One Direction. You won't regret it.

So who's your favorite member?

5 comments:

  1. I have a few thoughts:

    -Harry deserves more attention that you gave him. He's perfect (except his hair right now is....horrifying).

    -Liam is the most manly. He also has a super good voice. I rank him tie for first with Harry in voice and close second in looks. Beneath Niall and Harry in personality.

    -I agree that Liam seems really normal, though.

    -I have no thoughts about Louis.

    -Niall is funny and Irish but his voice....I am shocked he's your favorite. Does he EVER solo????

    -Now that Zayn is gone I think it's only a matter of time before they all split for good. Harry will have a short solo career as will possibly Liam. Niall will host or judge an Irish reality show and Louis will model. Liam might model too. And then it's all over. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also Niall dancing....look at his arms in the "Kiss You" gif.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE WINKS!!!!!!!! You know I can't handle that. I may never get anything done again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace, you read it... 😭❤️🎶

    ReplyDelete