Tuesday, November 6, 2012

San G.

This weekend, we had Thursday and Friday off for fall break (which I think should always be observed by BYU). On Thursday, we went to Florence (yes, again. It's really pretty there!), on Friday we did laundry and homework (see? I'm still being responsible), and on Saturday, my roommate Katie and I decided to return to San Gimignano (which we have started calling San G.). We had been there before with our host parents, but it was just for a couple hours and it was raining, so we decided to go back. I'm so glad we did.


This time, we decided to walk all around the walls, which brought us to many magical scenes. One little gem was the park where I took some creeper pics of those small children. Their parents didn't see me though, because I was hidden behind a wall and a tree. Stealth mode, you know? Katie and I decided to play at the park too, and I got some pretty good pics of her, if I do say so myself!



As we walked around the beautiful walls of San G., we came upon some lovely views. Now, I've seen the Tuscan Countryside (and I mean, I've really seen it), but this time it was fall. And there's really nothing quite like autumnal Tuscany.



I know I've said I love my life plenty of times before, but I didn't even know the half of it. So now, let me just say with perfect conviction, I LOVE MY LIFE. I'm so glad we came to San G. To be perfectly honest, one of our main motivations in coming was to eat more of the world's best gelato... So I guess you could say that we came for the gelato and stayed for San G.

The gelato is literally the best thing I have ever eaten in my whole life (and I don't mess around with the word "literally"). Words really cannot describe. And since it's fall and it gets dark earlier, we got to see the countryside at night, which was really cute but does not photograph well. In any case, this was one of the best days ever.

1 comment: