Saturday, December 1, 2012

DREAMS DO COME TRUE


All my life since a few years ago, I have dreamed of making a font of my own handwriting. Maybe it comes from my aforementioned obsession with preserving myself (note to self: research that), but for some reason it became a serious goal of mine to someday create my own font. I found a computer program that would assist me in my quest, and I was going to ask for it for Christmas.
One fine day, I pinterested upon an iPad app that lets you create your own fonts. I was so excited! It's called iFontMaker, and it was like $6.99! AND NOW I CAN MAKE ALL THE FONTS I WANT!!!!! So, without further ado, I'd like to present "AnnesFirstFont," a very creatively named font, if I do say so myself:



I started by writing the alphabet down on a piece of paper without really thinking about it (you know, so that I would have something to reference when I inevitably panicked and forgot what my real handwriting looks like). Then I just followed the prompts on the app, and voila! (or do I say "ecco!" now?), my own personal handwriting app was ready to use! If only I had better handwriting... But I really wanted to stay true to my real handwriting, so I left all my letters how I really write them, even if I know they look stupid. So let's all say a little prayer of thanks that I finally learned how to write my 9's - no joke, I used to be laughed at for them, and I remember being told "that is the worst way of writing a 9 I have ever seen!" on more than one occasion... I finally learned about halfway through high school.
Anyway, I have finally come to terms with my sloppy, juvenile quirky, unique handwriting. I've embraced it! It's the product of hiding my homeschool handwriting workbook so I wouldn't have to do it and basically being a Hopkin girl (sorry, sisters - we have to be the worst at handwriting. EVER). It's got... Character?


1 comment:

  1. It's so cute! Can't wait to have TOT time over break! I get back in 10 days... (10 DAYS!!!)

    ReplyDelete