Friday, September 14, 2012

Arrivederci, Roma!

I really should post on my blog more often, I have so much going on! We finished up our two weeks in Rome, which I will miss dearly! I had a fabulous time. I really enjoyed trekking all around the streets of Rome with 23 other American girls and observing the many double-takes we attracted. And, you know, the masterpieces were pretty cool too. However, you can't always take pictures inside museums. But you can always take pictures of your amazing new friends!

At the Rome YSA dance (HA),  outside Villa Borghese, and waiting for the bus

I am so going to miss spending all day every day with these girls! But it's not like I don't see most of them every day at school now, haha. But we were seriously blessed to have such an amazing group!

You know what you can also take pictures of? Food. And since I felt too weird pulling out my big camera to take a picture in a restaurant, most of them are low-quality iPhone pics that I tried to snap inconspicuously. Which didn't really work. Oh well!

Bucatini all'Amatriciana, GNOCCHI, best Fanta ever,
fresh tomato pizza, Indian food, and Carbonara!

Oh gosh. It's hitting me how many carbs I have eaten... Whoops! This doesn't even include any of the breads and pastries we had for breakfast at our hotel. Speaking of our hotel, I think I'm going to miss it! We had a great time giving the staff funny personalities that probably weren't their real personalities. But we didn't actually speak to them much, so we just had to guess. Anyway...

Our hotel, our waiter, and the chef...
Okay, so our chef wasn't really Haymitch from the Hunger Games. But he looked just like him, so we called him Haymitch behind his back. Good ol' Haymitch, always so stern - but he's a real softie. And then there was our waiter, who we were pretty sure was like fifteen, but we had some good times with him anyway, haha. I didn't include a picture of the front desk guy, because we only had creeper pics of him. But we had a pretend personality for him too, haha.

Rome was a blast. It was exhausting, but so amazing. It was an experience I will never forget - especially because I now have it documented in about ten different ways. And now I am in Siena - more on that later. Ciao ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment