Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Pinterest Club

What is the Pinterest Club, you might ask? Well, it's like the Breakfast Club, except none of us would ever get Saturday school and we would all be too similar to Anthony Michael Hall's character to ever be the subject of a movie... With such a flattering intro, you're thinking, "I want to get in on this club!" right?
A couple weeks ago, some friends and I decided we should start having Pinterest nights where we would try out ideas we'd pinned on Pinterest but never had the chance to recreate. Last week, it was my turn to host Pinterest night. Instead of a craft, I thought it would be fun to try some of the spa treatments I've seen floating around the Pinteresphere. Here's what came of it:

Official Pinterest Club Banner

This wasn't even the picture I meant to upload, but it took like 20 minutes to upload it, so I'm keeping it. I wanted to make a banner for Pinterest Night, so I was planning on doing the whole running-burlap-through-the-printer that was trending for a while. But it looked really dull, so we just painted the letters on.

DIY Foot Treatment

Activity #1 was this weird foot treatment where you put shaving cream on your feet and wrap it in a Listerine-soaked towel for half an hour. Verdict: You'd probably get more noticeable results if you had worse feet than a 19-year-old. But it was fun to try. Men's shaving cream feels like "wrapping your foot in a cloud."

Feta Dip

Activity #2 was eating this Feta Dip. Verdict: It was delicious, even on the inevitably burnt bread slices. Side note: I WROTE THAT "feta dip" on the board. It's not hideous! It's probably not correct cursive either, but what can I say. I never learned cursive.

Activity #3 was this DIY spray tan. Actually, activity #3 was going in the hot tub, but I'm not counting that because it has nothing to do with Pinterest. Anyway. Taking pictures of my friends' legs is a no-go, so this one's pictureless. Verdict: It would probably work better the more you do it, but we did notice our legs were a tiny bit darker. Again, it was fun to at least try. And it was very cheap.

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries

Activity #4 was eating these strawberries. Verdict: It's hard not to eat a ton of these, because they lure you into a false sense of calorie-security since they're fruit. They're pretty delicious.

Pinterest Night was a blast to host(ess), and the Pinterest Club has another one planned for this week. You want in, don't you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment